Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Inspiration By Ridz
 
Christmas Pyramid
  
It’s that time of the year again! I’m sure we are all excited about the coming holidays.   I have this cute pyramid project that reminded me of a Christmas tree to share with you.   Here I’ll show you how to do this really simple project. 

I’ve chosen to use Basic Grey’s Sweet Thread collection and KCK’s textured cardstock.  There are a lot of greens, oranges, pinks  in this collections which I find is really festive, just like Christmas.  KCK’s textured cardstock pack has 40 colours for you to match with any paper collection that you have!  Ok let’s get started!
      First we need to make a triangle template.  Here I have used 5” as the base and 10” as the height.  Mark the center at 2.5” at the top and join the base points to the top center point and you’ve made yourself your triangle template.
Cut out 3 of these triangles.
Use your washi tape to join the edges together till you form a pyramid.
  I’ve cut my photos to sizes that will fit on the pyramid, 2x3 and 1.5x2 inches.  I’m using the plain cardstock from KCK to mat my photos.
 
 To complete the pyramid, I decided to add a little Christmas tree at the top.  To make this you need a

1)       3” circle and score/fold them into 8 equal sections
2)       Using the valley and mountain fold, you’ll get a shape like in picture 2
3)       At each edge, I’ve marked 2 small lines for you to snip,
4)       After snipping the small edge, fold it down. 
The end result is this. Glue it to the top of your pyramid.

 Let’s look at the completed project again.  I’ve embellish this with the stickers that comes together in the Basic Grey, Sweet Threads , paper pack.

Here’s wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment